Thursday, February 23, 2012

Oh, The Sexual Attraction ...

I drove to town today on some errands. None of them were worthy of note on this blog except one of my observations as I slowed the vehicle toward a traffic signal turning red. On the wide walkway to my right a woman was pausing to give her dog on a leash a chance to sniff the vegetation. My necessary preoccupation with driving in traffic prevented me from doing justice to the view that she presented. Nevertheless, the fraction of a second take was memorable, even worthy of thought later on the day. You all know that I am no longer a young man in my prime. I have done my deeds, and am trying to reap the benefits or fallout thereof. As a consequence, I have a wider range of appreciation for female beauty as opposed to those of you of much younger age.

My wife was next to me on the passenger seat of my car. She most likely missed the exquisite view that I retained of that creature. I could not say anything without arousing her wrath in the fashion that females do when feeling threatened by competition. It is a shame, for I wanted to share with her my feelings. Alas, some feelings need to remain private. This may have been one.

The fraction of a second image of a woman on the road was satisfying, and also provocative. She was underdressed for the time of day and season, but presented her features well. She was not in her younger days, but showed her self with grace and charm. Dog notwithstanding, she could have raised much support from males of all preference and age. I was just thinking, If I were free to date, how would I approach her, for surely I would be compelled based on her looks. My sweet wife was oblivious of my wayward thoughts and rightly so. I did not, and would not follow up on the provocative female with her dog. Yet, if I were free to do so, …

No comments: